European Joint Doctorate Network on High Performance Computing
ECMI node Wuppertal joins the Horizon 2020 European Joint Doctorate Network HPC-LEAP: High Performance Computing in Life Sciences, Engineering And Physics (04/2015 — 03/2019), coordinated by the Cyprus Institute.
Main Objectives of HPC-LEAP
- Provide a rigorous research program, which is interdisciplinary and at the same time has the required depth, by engaging world-leaders in computational science domains in a collaborative environment.
- Contribute to developing a community of computational scientists in Europe that use simulation as a ‘third mode of discovery’, bridging experimentation and theory, by designing innovative HPC-driven research projects and training courses.
- Advance the computational capabilities of the different communities by accommodating future HPC architectures requiring higher levels of parallelism and educate scientists to understand the challenges involved in the co-design approach and in managing big data associated with HPC.
- Pioneer future, innovative HPC-related industries by integrating non-academic partners in the research projects effectively training young scientists in innovation practices.
Photo: HPC-LEAP had the mid-term meeting on 18 April 2017 at DESY, Zeuthen, Germany. It was a rare opportunity for all the ESR Fellows and their supervisors to get together after a long time.
The Wuppertal group of Applied Mathematics and Numerical Analysis is the leader of the two PhD projects leading to double degrees (cotutelle)
- ESR 1 project Optimized implementations of the Lattice Boltzmann Method in 2 & 3D on highly parallel computing devices (with Raffaele Tripiccione, University of Ferrara)
- ESR 9 project Modelling Turbulence in Lattice Boltzmann Methods
and implementing on GPUs (with Luca Biferale, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”)
The industrial partners of this network are hardware providers (IBM, NVIDIA and EUROTECH) and software solution providers (OakLabs).
For more information we refer to the project webpage.
You must be logged in to post a comment.