ECMI conferences are promoted by the European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry with the aim to enforce the interaction between academy and industry, leading to innovation in both fields. They are one of the main forums where significant advances in industrial mathematics are presented, bringing together prominent figures from business, science and academia to promote the use of innovate mathematics to industry. They also encourage industrial sectors to propose challenging problems where mathematicians can provide insight and new ideas.
Due to the COVID19 travelling restrictions, the 21st Conference will be an online conference hosted by the Bergische Universität Wuppertal, from April 13th to April 15th 2021.
Past Conferences of ECMI
- (pre) 1983 (Oberwolfach, Germany) as Mathematics in Industry [Proceedings, Eds.: H. Neunzert].
- (pre) 1985 (Amsterdam, the Netherlands) as ESMI I (European Symposium on Mathematics in Industry) [Proceedings (orig. at B.G. Teubner; Kluwer), Eds.: M. Hazewinkel, E.W.C, van Groesen, R.M.M. Mattheij].
- 1987 (Oberwolfach, Germany) as ESMI II [Proceedings, Eds.: H. Neunzert].
- 1988 (Glasgow, Scotland) as Third European Conference on Mathematics in Industry [Proceedings, Eds.: J. Manley, S. McKee, D.R. Owens].
- 1989 (Strobl, Austria) [Proceedings, Eds.: U. Wacker, W. Zulehner].
- 1990 (Lahti, Finland) [Proceedings, Eds.: M. Heiliö].
- 1991 (Limerick, Ireland) [Proceedings, Eds.: F. Hodnett].
- 1993 (Montecatini Terme, Italy) [Proceedings, Eds.: A. Fasano, M. Primicerio].
- 1994 (Kaiserslautern, Germany) [Proceedings, Eds.: H. Neunzert].
- 1996 (Lyngby, Denmark) [Proceedings, Eds.: M. Brøns, M.P. Bendsøe, M.P. Sørensen].
- 1998 (Göteborg, Sweden) [, Eds.: L. Arkeryd, J. Bergh, P. Brenner, R. Pettersson].
- 2000 (Villaggio Torre Normanna, Altavilla Milicia (Palermo), Sicily, Italy) [Proceedings, Eds.: A.M. Anile, V. Capasso, A. Greco].
- 2002 (Majori – Jurmala, Latvia) [Proceedings, Eds.: A. Buikis, R. Ciegis, A.D. Fitt].
- 2004 (Eindhoven, the Netherlands) [Proceedings, Eds.: A. Di Bucchianico, R.M.M. Mattheij, M.A. Peletier].
- 2006 (Leganés – Madrid, Spain) [Proceedings, Eds.: L.L. Bonilla, M. Moscoso, G. Platero, J.M. Vega].
- 2008 (London, United Kingdom) [Proceedings, Eds.: A.D. Fitt, J. Norbury, H. Ockendon, E. Wilson].
- 2010 (Wuppertal, Germany) [Proceedings, Eds.: M. Günther, A. Bartel, M. Brunk, S. Schöps, M. Striebel].
- 2012 (Lund, Sweden). The ECMI conference celebrating 25 years of ECMI. [Proceedings, Eds.: M. Fontes, M. Günther, N. Marheineke]
- 2014 (Taormina, Italy).
- 2016 (Santiago de Compostela, Spain), jointly organized by the Department of Applied Mathematics of the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) and the Spanish Network for Mathematics & Industry (math-in).
- 2018 (Buadpest, Hungary), jointly organized by the János Bolyai Mathematical Society, the Institute of Mathematics at the Eötvös Loránd University and by the Institute for Computer Science and Control.