European Study Groups with Industry
Study Groups with Industry are an internationally recognised method of technology transfer between academic mathematicians and industry. These week long workshops provide a forum for industrial scientists to work alongside academic mathematicians on problems of direct industrial relevance.
The success of the Study Groups’ unique format, which uses problems presented by industry as a basis for mathematical research, is demonstrated by the extent to which it has been copied around the world and is now extending into other areas where mathematics may be applied. The European Study Groups with Industry (ESGI) started with the first Study Group in Oxford in 1968 and now there are 5-7 meetings held annually in different European countries.
The website www.maths-in-industry.org provides information about Study Groups throughout the world, it also contains a repository of reports on the problems from many of these meetings.
If you are planning to organise an ESGI, please contact the ESGI co-ordinator Prof. Tim Myers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming European Study Groups with Industry
- May 8-12 Portugal, University of Aveiro, see ESGI 127
- May 15-19, Spain, Bilbao, see ESGI 131
- June 12-16, Ireland, University of Limerick, see ESGI 128
- August 21-25, Denmark, see ESGI 129
- September 4-8, UK, University of Warwick, see ESGI 130
- September 18-22, Bulgaria, contact email@example.com