New open positions in BCAM
Basque Center for Applied Mathematics – BCAM published three new Postdoctoal Fellowship positions and two Research Technicia Position:
- Research Technician for the Evaluation of the impact of COVID-19 waves in the Health System: In the framework of the BCAM “Mathematical modelling applied to health” strategy, a series of projects in this field will be launched in different areas of Applied Mathematics. This project is titled “Statistical methods for the evaluation of the impact of COVID-19 waves in the Basque Country Health System”. The project will be carried out in collaboration with the University of the Basque Country and the Research Unit at Galdakao-Usansolo Hospital. The selected candidate will contribute in providing support to data extraction, perform exploratory data analyses, provide regular reports, interact with clinicians, health data managers, and other researchers. Deadline for applications: 15th December 2021, Friday.
- Research Technician for the Atomistic Simulation of Hydrogen Diffusion in alloys: This work will be focusing on the atomistic modelling of hydrogen adsorption and diffusion in metal alloys. Under certain conditions, the presence of hydrogen may lead to loss of ductility, strength and/or toughness in metals, a phenomenon called hydrogen-induced embrittlement (HIE). HIE can pose a risk to the sustainability of oil and gas structures, gearboxes and anchors of offshore wind turbines or steel architectural constructions. Although causing a serious threat for metal structures, HIE remains a complex process that is not completely understood because of the variety and complexity of mechanisms. Here, we will tackle this issue from an atomistic perspective. Deadline for applications: 15th December 2021, Wednesday.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship for TRANSMATH Laboratories for Trans-border Cooperation.Postdoctoral position in the framework of Trans-Border Coperation-Transmath. Trans-border Cooperation (LTCs) are a formula for collaboration that have been developed since 2015 in the frame of the Campus Euskampus-Bordeaux. LTCs were created to provide an institutional framework for research teams from the Basque country and from Bordeaux working together. More concretely, the Transborder Mathematics Laboratory, will focus on strengthening the research in Applied Mathematics in the following list of topics: Linear and non linear PDEs and Harmonic and Fourier Analysis. Deadline for applications: 23rd December 2021, Thursday.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Modelling Environmental Effects on Health: In the framework of the BCAM “Mathematical Modelling Applied to Health” strategy, a series of projects in the field will be launched in different areas of Applied Mathematics. The “Applied Statistics” research line at the BCAM looks for candidates to work on projects related to statistical modelling of environmental factors related to respiratory (acute and chronic) health effects of air pollution. Deadline for applications: 28th December 2021, Tuesday.
- Postdoctoral Fellow on Post-quantum Cryptography: The position is the framework of the creation of a new research line in (post-quantum) cryptography, which falls within the Basque strategy on Quantum computing, Quantum Cryptography and Quantum save Cryptography. Deadline for applications: 31st December 2021, Friday.
Requirements for Postdoctoral Fellowships: Applicants must have their PhD completed before the contract starts.
For further information check our website.