FedCSIS 2024 – Call for Thematic Tracks
19th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems (FedCSIS 2024)
Belgrade, Serbia, 8-11 September 2024
The 19th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems (FedCSIS 2024) cordially invites you to organise a Thematic Track. The FedCSIS conferences consist of the Main Track which comprises five Topical Areas:
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence in Applications
- Computer Systems and Simulations
- Network Systems and Applications
- Information Technology for Business & Society
- Software and Systems Development
The role of the Thematic Tracks is to enrich and deepen coverage of research topics stipulated for the Topical Areas. Many of Thematic Tracks are the recurring yearly events, but we solicit and welcome proposals for new ones. The Thematic Tracks can run over any span of time within the conference dates; from half-day to three days (depending on the number of collected submissions).
FedCSIS is a large rigorous scientific conference staged in Europe. Annually, it attracts ~300 submissions from ~40 countries from around the world. Papers are accepted in three categories: regular (full and short), position, and communication. All regular, presented, papers are submitted for indexation to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Many accepted contributions are offered post-publication opportunities (journals, Springer volumes, etc.), after appropriate extensions and changes. Position and communication papers are published in separate volumes of the Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems series. All papers are published with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers, and submitted to, and indexed in, the most influential indexing services. Since 2012, the FedCSIS Proceedings are indexed in SCOPUS and Web of Science.
Any newly proposed Thematic Track will be evaluated on the basis of scientific/technical interest and/or its relevance to practitioners in its topics, the clarity of the proposal in addressing the requested information, the innovativeness of the topics, level of correspondence and “value-added” to the denoted FedCSIS Main Track Topical Area.
Call for Papers, for Thematic Tracks, will be announced by: (1) by FedCSIS Chairs, in generic Calls for Conference Papers, to reach out to the computer science and intelligence systems researchers at large; and (2) by Thematic Track Organisers in Call for Thematic Track Contributions, to reach out to the professional communities involved in research addressed by the Thematic Track. All papers will have to be submitted to the FedCSIS Conference System (EasyChair). The submitter will have to select the Track (Main or Thematic), within which their paper will be reviewed for acceptance.
Thematic Track proposals should include the following information (3 pages maximum):
- The title and acronym of the proposed Thematic Track, and the list of topics.
- A brief explanation of why the proposed Thematic Track will fit into the FedCSIS aims and program, including its relation to the Topical Areas of the Main Track.
- The contact information of the Thematic Track Organisers, including links to their personal websites, and an overview of previous experiences with organisation of scientific events.
- Preliminary list of Reviewers who have agreed (or are likely to agree) to join. Thematic Track Reviewers will become members of Program Committee of FedCSIS 2024.
- Indication of the expected number of papers/attendees.
- Information about planned post-publications of extended and revised papers in high-quality journals, edited volumes, etc.
Thematic Track Organisers should email their proposals (in a single pdf file) by November 28, 2023 to the FedCSIS Secretariat at: CONTACT FedCSIS at: email@example.com
More information concerning FedCSIS and its history, as well as scientific and organisation rules, can be found at: https://fedcsis.org