The ICIAM2019 Industry Day program is now available
The Industry Day is a mathematical technology transfer-oriented activity that will take place during the ICIAM 2019.
- To show to the industrial sector the high innovation potential of the mathematical tools of Statistics & Big Data and MSO (Modelling, Simulation and Optimization).
- To open new channels of communication between researchers and potential users of mathematical tools
DATE: 17th July 2019, Valencia, Spain.
- Hirokazu Anai | FUJITSU | JAPAN
- Uwe Beuscher | GORE | USA
- Graciano Carrilllo Pousa | Microflown Technologies | Netherland
- Julien Crowe | Banque Nationale | Canada
- Álvaro Fernández Velando | Banco Santander | Spain
- Dirk Hartmann | Siemens | Germany
- Bertrand Looss | EDF R&D | France
- Stefan Kurz | Bosch | Germany
- Carrie A. Manore | Los Alamos National Laboratory | USA
- Arun S. Moorthy | National Institute of Standards and Technology | USA
- Ramón Ordás Badía | Ferroglobe | Spain
- Margarida Pina | NORS Automotive | Portugal
- Ghassan Karame | NEC Laboratories Europe | Germany
- Carlos Vales Fernández | Reganosa | Spain
Speakers from industry with a broad representation of the different sectors has been selected. They will present the results of their collaborations with mathematical researchers and the benefits that were derived: better products, better services, optimization of processes and/or organization, growth of innovation, improvement of the results account, etc.
The target audience will be mainly the industrial attendees, but it will also be addressed to the academy and open to the society, in general. The attendance of academic participants is encouraged to exchange experiences and to open new channels of communication between researchers and potential users of mathematical tools.
The Industry Day program has been supported by the Industrial Committee of ICIAM 2019, chaired by the president of math-in.
This initiative has been also supported by several industrial mathematics institutions like
- European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry (ECMI)
- European Service Network of Mathematics for Industry and Innovation (EU-MATHS-IN)
- Institute of Mathematics for Industry (Japan),
- Mathematics of Information Technology and Complex Systems (MITACS)
- Rede Portuguesa de Matemática para a Indústria e Inovação (PT-MATHS-IN)
- Spanish Network for Mathematics & Industry (math-in),
- Spanish Society of Applied Mathematics (SEMA)
- Technological Institute for Industrial Mathematics (ITMATI)