Postdoctoral Fellow on Infection Hypothesis of Azheimer’s Disease
Basque Center for Applied Mathematics – BCAM offers a Postdoctoral Fellow on Infection Hypothesis of Azheimer’s Disease in the framework of the IKUR Strategy to work on topological data analysis, Molecular Simulations and Machine learning applied to Infection Hypothesis of Alzheimer’s Disease. The researcher will work with Serafim Rodrigues, Ikerbasque Research Professor, at Mathematical, Computational and Experimental Neuroscience group of BCAM.
Requirements: Applicants must have their PhD completed before the contract starts.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A proven track record in quality research, as evidenced by research publications in top scientific journals and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
- Ability to present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form
- Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers and stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Strong background in mathematics, computational physics, computational quantum chemistry.
- Strong background in Topological Data Analysis, Geometry and notions of Machine learning.
- Track record on all-atom molecular dynamics and network theory.
- Desirable if the candidate has knowledge of X-ray crystallography, FRET experiments and other receptor-ligand assays.
- Good practice in using data from RCSB PDB database and working with protein complexes.
- Good programming skills in Python and/or C/C++.
- Interest and disposition to work in interdisciplinary groups
The position will be for a period of 12 months contract, with a possibility of renewal for 12 additional months based on performance and available funds.
Deadline: 31st January 2022.
Applications must be submitted on-line at website
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org