CALL FOR PAPERS: Kaiserslautern Applied and Industrial Mathematics Days – KLAIM
Conference with Focus on the Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of Digital Twins will take place in Kaiserslautern, Germany, from October 11-13, 2021.
The purpose of this workshop is to provide a forum for applied mathematicians from academia, research labs and industry to exchange ideas and to showcase recent results. The focus of this first edition of KLAIM will be placed on the role of applied mathematics in the development of digital twins.
Hosted jointly by the Fraunhofer-Institute for Industrial Mathematics and the Department of Mathematics at the TU Kaiserslautern, the event is planned on-site. Provisions for a hybrid format will be made to bring together “roomies and zoomies” if the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic necessitates this.
We were successful in attracting the following speakers from across the disciplines:
- Prof. Dr. Annalisa Buffa (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Lausanne University of Technology, Chair of Numerical Modeling and Simulation)
- Prof. Olivier Brüls (University Liège, Multibody & Mechatronic Systems Laboratory, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Dr. Dimitris Bertsimas (applied mathematician and professor at MIT in Cambridge and at EMINES – School of Industrial Management at Mohammed VI Polytechnic University)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Dick den Hertog (Tilburg University, Department of Econometrics and Operations Research)
- Prof. Dr. Mario Ohlberger (University of Münster, Professorship for Applied Mathematics, Focus on Numerics)
The program will be structured along the three tracks:
- Hybrid System Simulation – Classic Modeling and Control Meet Artificial Intelligence
with track plenaries given by Prof. Dr. Martin Arnold (Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg), Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Matthias Gerdts (Universität BW München), Prof. Dr. Claudia Schillings (Universität Mannheim)
This track is organized in collaboration with the ECMI Special Interest Group Math for the Digital Factory.
- Multiscale Methods and Model Order Reduction with track plenaries given by Prof. Dr. Francisco Chinesta (ENSAM Institute of Technology Paris), Prof. Dr. Nicole Marheineke (Universität Trier)
- Integration of Optimization and Data Science with track plenary given by Prof. Dr. Alexander Martin (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
The conference fee is 250,- EUR.
Submission of abstracts: July 30th, 2021 (strict deadline)
Notification of acceptance: August 20th, 2021
Registration and payment of conference fee: September 10th, 2021
Find out more at: www.itwm.fraunhofer.de/klaim
For questions write to us at: KLAIM@mathematik.uni-kl.de
We are looking forward to seeing you in Kaiserslautern.
Scientific Programme Committee:
- Prof. Dr. Anita Schöbel (Fraunhofer ITWM, Kaiserslautern)
- Prof. Dr. Karl-Heinz Küfer (Fraunhofer ITWM, Kaiserslautern)
- Dr. Klaus Dreßler (Fraunhofer ITWM, Kaiserslautern)
- Dr. Konrad Steiner (Fraunhofer ITWM, Kaiserslautern)
- Prof. Dr. Johan Carlson (Fraunhofer Chalmers Centre, Göteborg)
- Prof. Dr. Simone Göttlich (University of Mannheim)
- Prof. Dr. Axel Klar (Technical University Kaiserslautern)
- Prof. Dr. Sven Krumke (Technical University Kaiserslautern)
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Simeon (Technical University Kaiserslautern)
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Martin (FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Volkwein (University of Konstanz)
- Prof. Dr. Dietmar Hömberg (Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics Berlin)