1 full-time contract as researcher for a research project, in the framework of the SisAl – itmati
PROJECT: “Innovative pilot for Silicon production with low environmental impact using secondary Aluminium and silicon raw materials – SisAl Pilot”.
JOB VACANCY REFERENCE: ITMATI-OT-16-2020.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB POSITION: 1 full-time contract as researcher for a research project, in the framework of the SisAl Pilot project, covered by the call H2020-SC5-2019-2 on the topic CE-SC5-07-2018-2019-2020 – Raw materials innovation for the circular economy: sustainable processing, reuse, recycling and recovery schemes (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/869268).
“This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 869268”.
PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR: Dr. Alfredo Bermúdez de Castro, Full Professor of the Department of Applied Mathematics of the University of Santiago de Compostela and affiliated researcher to ITMATI.
CANDIDATES PROFILE: Engineers, Graduates, Masters related to Mathematics, Physics, Engineering and Computing.
MERITS AND REQUIREMENTS TO BE ASSESED:
- Training and general experience to be assessed (40 points, all contributions must be documented).
- Academic transcript of the degree or bachelor´s degree, engineering, master´s degree.
- Affinity of the qualifications of the candidate with the fields of Applied and Industrial Mathematics.
- Previous experience in mathematical modelling, numerical simulation, optimization and control, and in the implementation and computer validation of algorithms and numerical methods.
- Previous experience in mathematical modelling and numerical simulation related to the topic of the project.
- English proficiency.
- Knowledge and additional and specific experience to be assessed (30 points, all contributions must be documented).
At the time of assessing the submitted applications, experience in some of the following fields related to the research areas of the Project will also be taken into account, but it is not necessary to have experience in all of them:
- Experience in numerical resolution of ordinary differential equations (ODEs) and partial differential equations (PDEs).
- Knowledge of mathematical models in electromagnetism, heat transfer, fluid mechanics and chemical reactions.
- Advanced knowledge and previous experience in the use of programming languages (C, Fortran, Matlab, Python, etc.).
- Previous experience in the use of numerical simulation software.
- Previous professional experience related to the theme of the project.
- Personal interview and letters of recommendation (30 points).
Candidates achieving the best assessments according to the above criteria will be called to a personal interview and a test related to the functions of the position. In this third phase, the letters of recommendation that arrive for the candidate will be taken into account; only three letters of recommendation per candidate will be accepted, which must be sent directly by the person issuing the report and not the candidate himself. At least the three best rated candidates will be interviewed and between the two previous sections have reached at least 35 points.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
To be admitted the applicants, in addition to fulfilling the specific requirements demanded in the activity or project for which they make their request indicated in the previous point, they must have on the day of completion of submission of applications and keep them until the expected date of completion of the contract, the following general requirements:
- Be Spanish or national of any of the other Member States of the European Union or national of any state to which, by virtue of international treaties concluded by the European Union and ratified by Spain, the free movement of workers applies.
- The spouse of Spaniards and nationals of one of the other Member States of the European Union may also participate, whatever their nationality, and when the corresponding treaty so provides, or of nationals of a state to which By virtue of the international treaties concluded by the European Union and ratified by Spain, the free movement of workers applies to them, provided they are not legally separated. Likewise, with the same conditions, their descendants and those of their spouse, under the age of twenty-one or older than that who live in their charge, may participate.
- Likewise, nationals of countries that are not members of the European Union or that are not included in the scope of international treaties concluded by the European Union and ratified by Spain in which the free movement of workers is applicable may participate. However, the formalization of the employment contract with these nationals is conditioned to the applicants having granted the exception or work permit and legal residence in Spain.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Being in possession of the valid degree in Spain that is indicated according to Spanish legislation.
- Not suffer any disease or be affected by physical or mental limitation that is incompatible with the performance of the corresponding functions.
- Not to be separated, by means of a disciplinary file from the service of any of the public administrations, nor to be disabled for the performance of public functions.
- Gross monthly salary: 1.850 € in 12 payments.
- Planned start date: before 04/01/2021.
- Duration and estimated date end of planned work: 12 months from the beginning of the hiring, it can be extended subject to the granting of funds to carry out the project.
- Full time position.
Candidate´s applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee. This Committee will be made up of the scientific head of the Project, who will chair it, the scientific members of the project research team assigned to ITMATI, a researcher assigned to ITMATI who does not participate in the project and the secretary, who will be appointed by ITMATI. Final Evaluation Committee will be made public once the assessment of candidates is done, in the same document as selected candidates are announced.
WORKPLACE: ITMATI (Technological Institute for Industrial Mathematics), Campus Vida, Santiago de Compostela.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
People interested in this contract must send their applications before December 11th, 2020, 23:59 Spanish official time. Application should include a cover letter summarizing the applicant´s career (general training and experience to be assessed, as well as additional merits referred to in the call), a curriculum (with mobile phone and email), and the academic tittle and transcript of degree and master; the “work life” (which proves the professional merits that appear in the curriculum vitae); and the accreditation of all the merits provided in the sections “Merits and requirements to be assessed” (English certificates and others). Letters of recommendation will only be accepted if they are sent directly by the person reporting (and not the candidate). All documentation must be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job vacancy reference ITMATI-OT-16-2020. The receipt of requests will be confirmed by email. Candidates who are invited to the interview phase must provide original documentation of the merits provided.
FURTHER INFORMATION in the following link: http://www.itmati.com/en/itmati-ot-16-2020