NEW OPEN POSITIONS: IC2020_4 PhD Fellowships in different areas
The Basque Center for Applied Mathematics (BCAM) has published the call for PhD contracts to be performed at Severo Ochoa Excellence Research Centers. This program is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers—of any nationality—who wish to pursue doctoral degree. It is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment to reach the research of excellence.
The call offers up to 4 PhD Student positions in the following areas:
- Core in Applied Mathematics: Fourier Analysis, Algebraic Geometry, Discrete Mathematics, Inverse Problems, Singularity Theory, PDEs, Mathematical Physics, etc.
- Computational Mathematics, Modelling and Simulation: Computer Simulation, CFD, Mathematical Modelling, HPC, Numerical Analysis, Algorithm Development, etc.
- Applications of Mathematics: Applied Statistics, Energy, Biosciences, Advanced manufacturing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
The programme is open to students of any nationality. The duration of the contracts will be 4-years. This grant can also fund the doctoral course tuition fees and predoctoral mobility.
- Experience: At the call deadline, applicants must be in the first year of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Studies pursued: At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options:
- To have completed the studies that lead to an official university degree adapted to the European Higher Education Area awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level.
- To have completed a degree in a university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
The application period will be open from November 26th to December 18th 2020 at 14:00h.