8 PhD positions in Research Training Group 2224 “π3: Parameter Identification – Analysis, Algorithms, Applications”
This research training group at the University of Bremen, funded by the German Science Foundation DFG, invites applications for
8 PhD positions (A297/18)
German federal employee scale TV-L E13, 75% of a full position,
for 3 years, starting October 1st, 2019.
The employment is fixed-term and governed by the Act of Academic Fixed-Term Contract, §2 I (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). Therefore, candidates may only be considered for appointment if they still have the respective qualification periods available in accordance with § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
The RTG π3 offers:
- Collaborative research projects between mathematicians of the Center for Industrial Mathematics, mathematicians in analysis, topology and statistics, and applied scientists.
- Research topics including inverse problems, direct optimisation, mathematical data analysis.
- A multifaceted qualification programme in applied mathematics and scientific computing, including research stays at partner institutions abroad, summer schools, and training workshops.
Requirements for PhD candidates:
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree with excellent grades in math sciences or related fields.
- Experience in one of the research topics of this RTG.
- Skills in scientific computer programming.
- Industry or research internships are advantageous.
- Fluency in English.
- Applicants should enjoy working in an international and interdisciplinary team.
For detailed information please visit
The University of Bremen has received a number of awards for its gender and diversity policies and is particularly aiming to increase the number of female researchers. Gender equality will be given special emphasis within this research training group. Applications from female candidates, international applications and applications of academics with a migrant background are explicitly welcome. Disabled persons with the same professional and personal qualifications will be given preference.